These are examples of the train staffs that were in use for the sections named from 1942 until the closure of the former ER&SJR section in 1960. Under normal "long and short" single line regulations only one type could be in use at any time with the instruments electrically locked once any one staff had been issued. The key formed at the end of the Broom East staff was to unlock the groundframes at Binton and Bidford. Both of these frames had facing point locks as when the installation was commisioned the section was still a passenger carrying line. The staffs and their instruments were products of the Railway Signal Company of Liverpool who were the original signal supplier to the E&WJR.
Add a Comment