Old map c.1885 showing tramway from the north to the area of the chute next to the siding between bridges 5 & 4. Near to Gayton Wilds, note the tramway in use at the time on the opposite side of the railway. This would have used bridge 2 to gain access to the standard gauge railway that ran parallel with the SMJR to the link with the L.N.W.R. near Blisworth.
Add a Comment