‘The Stratford Upon Avon & Midland Junction Railway’ (or S.M.J.) was a small independent railway company which ran a line across the empty, untouched centre of England. It visited the counties of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and a little of Buckinghamshire, only existing as the SMJ from 1909 to 1923. In 1923 the S.M.J.became a minor arm of the London Midland and Scottish (L.M.S.), then in 1948 'British Railways' 

Gone but not forgotten: "the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth"

SMJ Forum

LMS BOXBOARD ----- SMJ LINE

Currently a boxboard from the line on offer on e bay. Ends  26th August.    Also a siver ewj  free pass was sold at auction recently for  £ 850 .  Pretty rare, nice it has survived .   Plus 2 cast iron smj bridge diamonds also sold  at auction quite…Continue

Started by ray w yesterday.

Coaches used on SMJ 1948-1952

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what coaching stock was used on the SMJ between 1948-1952. I've started Building Byfield station building and managed to find basically what locos were used but coaches........? Can't seem to find…Continue

Started by Clive Aug 13.

Coaches used on SMJ 1948-1952

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what coaching stock was used on the SMJ between 1948-1952. I've started Building Byfield station building and managed to find basically what locos were used but coaches........? Can't seem to find…Continue

Started by Clive Aug 13.

The Campion Family: SMJ employees 5 Replies

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know if there are any registers, documents or other employee information that exists where I might be able to find out more about the following members of my family:1. Henry Campion   1830-1910  Lived in…Continue

Started by David Campion. Last reply by David Campion Jul 25.

SMJ photos

• Add Photos
..and presumably you have seen the picture in my album of the reconstructed platforms. I remember them being quite busy with parcels traffic in the mid-1960s, especially at night. I suppose it was nothing to do with the rebuilding of Northampton, which also took place at this time? (1964-66 I think)

Views: 83

Reply to This

© 2019   Created by Andy Thompson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service