Charles William Bartholomew, the owner and 'Squire' of the parishes was a civil engineer and in 1903 installed a full 15" gauge miniature railway system in the grounds. Mr Bartholomew bought at least one 'Cagney locomotive and with the help of Alex Wyatt modified carriages and trucks. He also had built two steam outline internal combustion engines. This footage was shot in 2008 and previously deemed unusable but saved by superior software.
Thanks go to Dick Bodily for his help in gaining access to the Blakesley Hall site from its current owner and for his background comments.
The whole Blakesley story go to http://thesmjr.ning.com/page/blakesley-1
Add a Comment