Blakesley Hall, Northamptonshire near the village of Blakesley in the twin parishes of Woodend and and Blakesley. Charles William Bartholomew, the owner and 'Squire' of the parishes was a civil engineer and in 1903 installed a full 15" gauge miniature railway sytem in the grounds. Mr Bartholomew bought two 'Cagney locomotives and with the help of Alex Wyatt modified carriages and trucks.
Along with the system around the grounds and no-doubt with the help of his railway connections, Mr Bartholomew had a quarter mile section built which ran to the then, East and West Junction Raiway's 'main line'' station at Blakesley.
Add a Comment