‘The Stratford Upon Avon & Midland Junction Railway’ (or S.M.J.) was a small independent railway company which ran a line across the empty, untouched centre of England. It visited the counties of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and a little of Buckinghamshire, only existing as the SMJ from 1909 to 1923. In 1923 the S.M.J.became a minor arm of the London Midland and Scottish (L.M.S.), then in 1948 'British Railways' 

Gone but not forgotten: "the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth"

SMJ Forum

Planning Application for Binton Station Site 10 Replies

I've just been told by friends from Welford that there's a planning application to redevelop the Binton Station site:Binton Station Planning…Continue

Started by Simon Stevens. Last reply by Rob Davidson Apr 10.

The Shakespeare Route DVD---Hillside Publishing 2006

Copy available on e bay as, I write this,  if anyone is interested.  Probably now out of production so an elusive DVD to obtain.Continue

Started by ray w Apr 1.

Site problems? 1 Reply

my screen is all squashed up. Only happened recently, and jot on any other sites I use.Using Safari on iOS.Continue

Started by Simon Dunkley. Last reply by Simon Dunkley Feb 28.

Line Speed 5 Replies

Probably a question or an answer that is on here somewhere and I have missed it, but what was the line running speed? Always get the impression that the trains dawdled along rather than made any great progress.Continue

Started by Gary. Last reply by Peter S Lewis Feb 23.

SMJ photos

• Add Photos

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

img712.jpg Picked up this glass slide from eBay many years ago now. Sorry about the poor scan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Andy Thompson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service